TSLS 0006 - Holistic problem management
What if there was a system you could use immediately, at any time, to help you out of a creative funk?
Amazing, right? Because you're a busy creative, trying to get paid, published and trying to save the world. And technically, there’s nothing stopping you from doing all of that. (Keyword: Technically).
Mentally and emotionally however, it's a whole different story.
So this is something I created and teach in The Authorship Program® called holistic problem management, or HPM, which will help you pinpoint the not-so-technical issues in your writing life and move past them.
When it comes to emotional issues, traditional methods don't work because:
They don’t tailor to the emotional side of you; the side that just wants to be motivated, entertained and inspired.
They only give you information about writing that doesn’t inspire you to act.
The advice in traditional writing blogs is usually too generic and impersonal.
This is my response to those failing traditional methods, because HPM changes all of that. This post will be your in-depth guide into holistic problem management (HPM for short), what it does, and how it can help you succeed in your next writing project.
What is HPM and how does it work?
So when you hit a creative block, what you’d need to do then is to ask yourself these simple questions, which have been adapted from the principles:
1. Are you showing up?
2. Are you playing to your strengths?
3. Why aren't you deserving of success? Why not you?
4. Are you taking control of your own destiny?
5. Are you aware of your emotions and how they're affecting the situation?
6. Do you have mental and emotional support systems in place?
7. Do you remember what this will take you closer to?
8. Do you know what your purpose is?
9. Do you have a plan for when you feel unmotivated?
10. Can you motivate yourself in one sentence?
11. Do you know your goal, and do you have a plan for achieving it?
12. Do you know how to abuse your muse?
13. Do you have time limits?
14. Do you know what success will look like for you after you complete this project?
15. Do you know what happiness will look like for you after you complete this project?
The great thing about this process is that everything you need is already within you. Just thinking about these questions will prompt your brain and inspire it to find the answers you truly need to break through your blocks and succeed with your next project.
Once you start integrating HPM into your life, your writing life will change forever.