Awakening the #wholewriter: 3 simple practices for a fearless writing life
When you were born, you were without doubts, fears, and worries. You were whole.
Wholewriter: The strongest, bravest, healthiest version of you. The person inside you who is not afraid.
Along the way, people or events took you off course.
These people and events chipped away at you, and caused you to feel drained, stressed, and otherwise “lesser” than you truly were.
They caused you to doubt your writing ability, and your potential to succeed, so much that you weren't sure you'd ever get back to who you were before. Am I right?
If this sounds like you, don't worry, you're not alone.
As a writer, the ability to rebuild your self-worth quickly is what makes or breaks you, and that comes from within. So today I wanted to share something that you can use to get started with embodying your whole writer in everyday life. These three simple practices will help you do just that.
1. What do I want most right now?
What do you want most in the world right now? What would you like to achieve? What do you need to feel happy, fulfilled and successful?
If you're feeling stuck, there's no better way to get it out of your heart and mind than writing it down. I personally jot down notes on this in my AP daily planner every day. Dumping your thoughts, feelings and emotions on paper is super helpful, because it allows your mind to explore options freely.
2. What's preventing me from achieving it?
Did you know that 98% of the thoughts we have today are exactly the same as we had yesterday? And the day before? This means that more often than not, our issues are stemming from a deeply embedded insecurity that I like to call your "house principle". Every one has one, and they're all different.
For example: mine is perfectionism. When I have creative blocks or issues, 9 times out of 10 it's down to my perfectionist tendencies, so I think up ways to tackle this regularly. I tend to read the chapter on perfectionism in The Authorship Program® most days as part of my practice, just to put my mind at ease.
If you're not sure what your house principle is, get on my email list. I've got a free e-book that will tell you all about it, and help you discover yours.
3. What would my #wholewriter do?
Isn't that a powerful question? What would you do if you weren't crippled by insecurities? What would you be writing now? What would you be sharing? How would you be living?
There is a person inside you who is not afraid. Live accordingly.
- Who wants to lead a fearless writing life in three simple steps? Check this out! http://stephanielennox.com/blog/awakening-the-whole-writer #wholewriter #amwriting #writetip
- Writers: there is a person inside of you who is NOT afraid. Spread the word! http://stephanielennox.com/blog/awakening-the-whole-writer #wholewriter #writemotivation #writetip
- I’m ready to unleash my #wholewriter to the world! How about you? http://stephanielennox.com/blog/awakening-the-whole-writer #writing #writetip #motivation
- I’m so ready to try living the #wholewriter way. Here’s to the fearless creative life! http://stephanielennox.com/blog/awakening-the-whole-writer #amwriting